Please Note: It is with a heavy heart that we share our loss of Ron Sidell, the driving force behind Ophoenix Public Benefit Corp and www.accessiblegardens.org. In his loving memory we will continue to produce this site. Read more…………………..
Let’s grow sprouts – easy, quick, economical and tasty! *
What are sprouts?
– Sprouts are seeds that have germinated and become very young plants.
How to grow them……
– Sprouts are easily grown in containers with water rinses. No soil needed.
– Sprout Basics – Short Version Read more………
– Sprouts 101 – Everything you need to grow Sprouts Read more……….
How to get started……
– Start Small – there are many options for seeds.
– We suggest choosing one pack of seeds or a starter kit.
– Kits make it easy to sample several types. Link to 12 kits 8 sampler packs
– Containers – plastic or glass most used. Mason jars will work and are economical. .You will need a top that will allow drainage.
Where to buy supplies?
Sources for Organic Non-GMO seeds on line
1. Sproutpeople www.sproutpeople.org – our partners for this post
2. Mumm’s Sprouting Seeds www.sprouting.com
3. The Sprout House https://sprouthouse.com/
Are they nutritious?
“Despite being low in calories, sprouts are a rich source of nutrients and beneficial plant compounds. Their vitamin and mineral content varies based on the variety”
Are they safe?
“When it comes to sprouts, organic is even a bigger deal. Sprouts have been blamed for several food-borne illness “outbreaks” (see our food safety page) over the past decade, and it has been true in EVERY case, that the seed used was NOT organic.”
Organic seeds are a must! Read More…….. Organic seeds are a must!
*Our Partner* For this post we are partnering with Gil Frishman, www.sproutpeople.org. Sproutpeople has been selling organic sprouts and seeds since 1993. They are a family owned business and we are proud to be associated with their company. We do not receive a commission nor any monies from sales of your purchases. All text in quotes (“”) is from their website, as well as sprout photographs – all with their permission.